In today’s competitive market, the success of your local business relies heavily on the success of your local SEO strategy. Knowing the trends and data surrounding local search can help you to make better-informed decisions regarding your local search optimization strategy. Here are the best 2020 Local SEO stats every marketer needs to know.
Local SEO Stats
1. “Where to buy” + “near me” mobile queries have grown by over 200% in the past two years.
2. As many as 46% of all Google searches are local.
3. Over 50% of ‘near me’ searches result in a physical store visit.
4. 74% of in-store shoppers search for information such as the closest store near them, locations, in stock near them, hours, directions, and contact information before going to the store.
5. 70% of consumers will go to a physical store if they find search result information relevant to their search results.
Stats on Local Listings
6. 48.6% of all U.S. Google searches were solved without a click.
7. 56% of online consumers in the United States had searched for local businesses via mobile browser.
8. When searching for businesses, consumers use mapping applications 44% of the time.
9. Almost a third of online consumers in the United States used the internet to search for local businesses on a daily basis.
10. 92% of people on Yelp are looking for a local business they can return to.
Stats on Reviews
11. Review signals make up 15% of how Google ranks a business.
12. 93.4% of respondents said that they read customer reviews prior to purchasing from an unfamiliar digital retailer.
13. 82% of shoppers won’t choose a retailer with less than 3 stars.
14. 71% of consumers say they’re more likely to use a business that has responded to their existing reviews.
15. 84% of shoppers now read online reviews.
16. 15% of users don’t trust businesses without reviews.
17. Most consumers in the 18 to 24 age group expected more than 200 reviews per product.
18. It takes roughly 40 positive customer experiences to undo the damage of a single negative review.
19. 78% of customers focus on the most recent reviews.
20. 60% of consumers say negative reviews turned them away.
21. A 0.1-star increase in a brand’s average rating can increase conversion rate by 25%.
Social Media Stats
22. Watch time for shopping-related videos on YouTube grew in the U.S. by more than 5X over the past two years.
23. 39% of customers only trust brands if they have interacted with them on social platforms.
24. Social media marketing ranks as the second most effective way to increase traffic in 2020.
25. 36% of internet users say social networks have become as important as other information sources for product choices.
26. 89% say ROI from influencer marketing is comparable to or better than other marketing channels.
27. 72% of consumers follow brands on social media in order to get discounts.
28. 90% of social media users try to reach out to brands or retailers.
29. 135 minutes are spent on social media every day by global internet users.
30. There is a 5.2 times increase in purchase intent when Twitter users are exposed to content from the influencers.
31. 27% of internet users discover new products through social media.
Mobile Search Stats
32. Mobile searches for “on sale” + “near me” (such as, “tires on sale near me” and “houses on sale near me”) have grown by over 250% YOY in the last two years.
33. 80% of shoppers used a mobile phone inside of a physical store to either look up product reviews, compare prices or find alternative store locations.
34. Mobile-optimized sites are more trusted by 51% of consumers.
35. Mobile accounts for approximately half of web traffic worldwide.
36. Two-thirds of in-store shoppers will check prices on their phones before making a purchase.
37. 44% of consumers stated their first choice in terms of performing searches was their mobile browser.
38. Mobile searches for “best place to buy” have grown by over 70% in the past two years.
39. Over half of the online shoppers worldwide have used their mobile device to research a product while in-store.
40. 69% of mobile device users say that they are more likely to buy from a website that addresses their questions easily.
Voice Search Stats
41. Active users of the Google Assistant grew 4X over the past year.
42. Voice shopping is estimated to hit $40+ billion by 2022.
43. 20% of voice searches are triggered by just 25 keywords.
44. 22% of U.S. smart speaker owners have purchased something using their devices.
45. Over 60% of car buyers that have used voice assistant factor in-car voice assistant availability into purchase decisions.
46. 44% of consumers use voice assistants to research a product or service.
47. There are 45 million daily active users of voice assistants.
48. Voice is now the number two choice for mobile search behind using the mobile browser.
49. There are roughly 118 million smart speakers in the U.S.
50. 71% of consumers prefer to conduct queries by voice instead of typing.
Local SEO is constantly evolving. Keeping up with the latest trends and data is the only way to keep your own local SEO strategy up-to-date. Looking to enhance your multi-location local SEO strategy? Contact us today.