The local business landscape is always changing. In a city like New York, in every neighborhood, there is a new restaurant, salon, bar or store opening every week!
This is a double-edged sword though. For every new local business opening, another has closed. The primary reason for the failure is the inability to attract local consumers and keep them coming back.
Through the “Google Local Guides Program,” we contribute content by writing local business reviews, adding photos, answering consumer questions, fixing errors or adding new businesses to unverified locations to Google Maps. Every day we visit local businesses to provide some of the much-needed, quality content to Google Maps.
Not only do these contributions help grow the Google Maps dominance in location services, but it also shows how important a Google Local Business presence is for any business.
Local Search Stats
How important is local search? Here are a few stats from 2019;
- 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information. (Source: GoGulf)
- 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else. (Source: SEO Tribunal)
- 72% of consumers that did a local search visited a store within five miles. (Source: HubSpot Marketing Statistics)
- By 2021, mobile devices will influence more than $1.4 trillion in local sales. (Source: Forrester)
- 78% of location-based mobile searches result in an offline purchase. (Source: SEO Tribunal)
- “Near me” or “close by” type searches grew by more than 900% over two years. (Source: Chat Meter)
- 72% of computer or tablet users and 67% of smartphone users want ads that are customized to their city or zip code. (Source: Think with Google)
- 4 in 5 consumers use search engines to find local information. (Source: Think with Google)
Free Set-Up & Success Blueprint
Local businesses that are not visible or searchable are missing a huge opportunity to help them survive and thrive. Is your business listed on Google Maps and if it does, is the content accurate? Would you like a profile created for your business at no cost?
Once the listing is verified by Google, we will share a strategy to work on to move your business listing up in the ranking on for any relevant searches in your area.
What is “Relevant Searches”? Ask yourself, how would you want your business to be found in a local search? What are the descriptive words to search for? For example;
- “business catering 10024” or “romantic dining near me”
- “best French manicure 10022” or “Best sports bar wall street”
Type them into Google,…what business show up in the search results? Are you there? You can be!
With the correct set-up and a little consistent work, you can get your business to appear within the 3 Pack of local listings on Google’s first page.
We have a local optimization program available but if you feel you can manage it yourself, we will provide our blueprint on how to do it. There are several areas of focus to improve your business profile’s visibility. Few businesses create a listing and build a page with a strategy. We will give you a strategy.